Little Miracles Pre-School
A BC Government Licensed, Early Childhood Education & Development Program
A curriculum designed to promote the development of the physical health and well being, social competence, emotional maturity, language and cognitive development and communication and general knowledge in each and every child.
Little Miracles Pre-School offers a curriculum with a non-denominational, inclusive, Christian approach – treating others as we wish to be treated and respecting ourselves, others and our environment.
Children who attend an inclusive pre-school will develop a better understanding and acceptance of individual differences and as they play and learn together, they begin to understand how much they have in common and similarities become more important than their differences.
We offer a careful balance of child directed activities and teacher directed activities. This balance helps children expand their creativity, direction and instruction following capabilities, turn taking, co-operation, sharing, listening and communication development. Children learn through play and learn best when their environment is happy and relaxed, while providing opportunities for ideas to be created and expanded on.
Little Miracles celebrates all Christian holidays and takes every opportunity for festive celebrations. We also take opportunities to teach the children about other cultures and festivities around the world.
Children, like adults, learn through experience. An environment has been created where your children have good experiences, develop creativity and learn to use their imagination in a respectful kind environment. Our life skills room offers cooking classes for our 4 year olds within their pre-school class time.
Our Goals are Achieved By:
- Modelling positive behaviour.
- Ensuring that the prepared environment invites children to experience and explore.
- Encouraging and supporting children to make their own choices.
- Encouraging active curiosity and enthusiasm for experiences.
- Supporting individual creative expression and novel ideas.
- Promoting co-operative social interaction.
- Encouraging each child to feel successful and proud of accomplishments.
- Providing opportunities for each child to receive individual attention though out their time spent with us.
- Encouraging children to recognize, accept and deal with their feelings in a positive acceptable way.
- We encourage independence in all children.
- We encourage children to think for themselves.